We are taking the risks posed by the COVID 19 outbreak very seriously and developing plans to ensure our ability to respond to our customers with the high level of service and care they have come to expect.
This memo is written in an effort to keep our customers and suppliers apprised of the actions we are taking to limit the spread of the COVID 19 virus and to ensure our business continuity.
While TPC has not experienced any direct exposure to or positive tests related to the COVID 19 virus, we have changed several policies to limit contact and possible exposure to the virus:
- We have eliminated non-essential travel and all international travel (outside of North America).
- We have prohibited all visitors from our facilities.
- We have encouraged our associates while away from work to avoid large gatherings and anyone who is known to have come in contact with the virus.
- We are obviously encouraging clean/safe practices per the WHO and CDC and have deployed additional hand sanitizer stations throughout our facilities.
In addition to these actions, we are implementing work from home practices this week that will reduce close interactions among our people while continuing our ability to respond to the needs of our customers.
- Certain departments will be split with half the team working from home and the other half working from the office. These groups will rotate every week or two.
- Other departments will be separat
ed within our buildings to create space and reduce risk.
- We are also investigating staggered shifts for our production and warehouse workers.
Finally, we are in close contact with our suppliers to ensure we understand and anticipate any supply chain disruptions that have not already worked their way through the system.
We will continue to provide updates as appropriate.
Jeffrey T. Crane
President and CEO